10 Reasons to Hire a Certified American Education Consultant

#1. What does a certified education consultant do for international students?
Want to study in the USA? A certified agent is an expert on the admissions process at US universities and provides international students with step-by-step information about earning acceptances to safe, affordable, and respected US institutions that meet the student’s academic and career goals, including assistance with scholarship applications, F-1 visa training, and even airport pickup upon arrival in the USA.

#2. How does McGovern Education Group improve visa approvals?
While most international students can complete the DS-160 application, the visa interview itself can be stressful, confusing, and requires students to bring specific documents. If the student is not well-trained by an experienced American college counselor, international students often receive a 214b denial, which requires even more training to overcome. Also, the questions asked in a visa interview vary from country to country, so it’s important to be trained by an experienced American college counselor. 

If the student is not well-trained by an experienced American college counselor, international students often receive a 214b denial, which requires even more training to overcome.


#3. Which USA colleges and universities do you represent?
Unlike a local agent, McGovern Education Group is a team of experienced American counselors in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA who provide one-on-one training with international students using video conference software. We carefully select safe, affordable, and well-respected partner institutions, which include USNews nationally ranked universities. We represent more than 200 USA universities.

#4. Can I study in the USA without an IELTS exam score?
If you have low English language skills, a pathway program or English Language School might be a good choice for you. However, you will be required to submit an IELTS or TOEFL score for direct admission to a respected US university as well as a GRE exam score for most graduate degree programs. In some countries, like India, have lower visa approval rates for students applying to pathway or ESL programs.

#5. How much does it cost to attend a US university?
It depends. There are more than 4,000 colleges and universities in the USA and each offers degree programs at differing tuition fees depending on ranking, popularity, location, and other factors. In general, tuition for a bachelor’s degree program in the USA runs $15,000 USD to $35,000 USD per year, while a master’s degree program is generally around $20,000 USD per year.

How much does it cost to attend a US university?

It depends.


#6. Do you provide scholarships or financial assistance?
McGovern Education Group can help qualified international students apply for an academic scholarship; however, the process and availability of funds varies from institution to institution. In general, international students with an IELTS score above 6.5 and a GRE score above 300 are the most competitive for partial scholarships; however, students must still pay for housing, food, health insurance, books, and spending money.

#7. Which documents do I need to apply to a USA university?
For a bachelor’s degree, international students will need to submit a university application, IELTS or TOEFL exam score report, certified bank statement, two letters of recommendation from former teachers or professors, a statement of purpose essay, a copy of a valid passport, evaluated transcript from high school or university, a certificate of graduation, and a GRE exam score, if applying for a master’s degree. Some universities will require the student’s transcript (course grades) to be evaluated by NACES approved company.

#8. Are you familiar with the SACM 200 program?
Yes. Most of our colleges and universities are SACM approved. We have placed KSA students in bachelor’s and master’s degree programs throughout the USA. We do not place students for doctorate degrees.

#9. Do you help international students transfer to another USA university?
Yes. The transfer process is similar to the standard application procedures; however, your GPA may be a factor in your choices of USA universities. We do not assist students who wish to transfer upon arrival.

#10. Can I apply for a master’s degree in the USA with a three-year bachelor’s degree?
NACES approved transcript evaluation services do not recognize an international three-year degree as equivalent to a USA four-year bachelor’s degree. We do have USA universities that offer one-year degree completion programs, which generally costs $25,000 USD, including housing and food.

If you are interested in attending a safe, affordable, and respected US university, email Campus Cow at info@campuscow.com. Find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Campus Cow is powered by McGovern Education Group.

Student Guide Archive